Snake Anyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snake Anyone

Post by Admin on Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 am

This is why you need to be careful around pond areas. Mowing this morning this guy scared the living crap out of me for the second time in two weeks, needless to say he will not do it again. A 22 cal rifle said so. Now I'm not really up on snakes but my guess would be this is some type of water moccasin

Mowers: Toro Z-Master2000 48" Toro Grandstand 36" Toro Turfmaster 30"
Blowers: Stihl BR 600 Stihl BR 600 Stihl BR 200 Trimmers: Stihl FS 110 Stihl FS 100 Stihl FS 90
Edgers: Stihl FC 75 FC 90 Echo BRD 280  Pole & Chain Saw: Stihl HT 75 MS 181 Hedge Trimmer: Stihl HS 45 HL 45

With Youth You Learn, With Age You Understand
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Pisces Posts : 572
Birthday : 1952-03-08

http://lawncare.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake Anyone

Post by RatRacer on Sun May 12, 2013 11:48 am

Could be.
I've found all the water snake species coloration's to be similar down here, due to habitat camo adaptation and mimicry. Cotton mouths are extremely aggressive when provoked, and its head shape is only a smidge more of the viper-esque, triangular shaped compared to other water snakes, when relaxed.

Check its toofeses, to be sure. affraid

New User

Male Libra Posts : 5
Birthday : 1964-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 18, 2013 6:37 pm

RatRacer wrote:Could be.
I've found all the water snake species coloration's to be similar down here, due to habitat camo adaptation and mimicry. Cotton mouths are extremely aggressive when provoked, and its head shape is only a smidge more of the viper-esque, triangular shaped compared to other water snakes, when relaxed.

I'm not getting near it's toofeses Laughing I don't mind the Black snakes but the Pigmy Rattlers and Moccasins I can do without. Seems like the Moccasins have just all of a sudden started coming out, guess it's just that time of year.

Mowers: Toro Z-Master2000 48" Toro Grandstand 36" Toro Turfmaster 30"
Blowers: Stihl BR 600 Stihl BR 600 Stihl BR 200 Trimmers: Stihl FS 110 Stihl FS 100 Stihl FS 90
Edgers: Stihl FC 75 FC 90 Echo BRD 280  Pole & Chain Saw: Stihl HT 75 MS 181 Hedge Trimmer: Stihl HS 45 HL 45

With Youth You Learn, With Age You Understand
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Pisces Posts : 572
Birthday : 1952-03-08

http://lawncare.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RatRacer on Sat May 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Admin wrote:
RatRacer wrote:Could be.

I'm not getting near it's toofeses Laughing I don't mind the Black snakes but the Pigmy Rattlers and Moccasins I can do without. Seems like the Moccasins have just all of a sudden started coming out, guess it's just that time of year.

Just like their reptilian bretheren gators, tis matin' season. Gotta go where the ladies are, ya know? Cool
RatRacer
New User

Male Libra Posts : 5
Birthday : 1964-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top